Entry level Engineer performs a variety of work in the initial planning and design phase of equipment, systems, facilities, infrastructure, or processes. Candidates shall have basic knowledge of concepts, principles, and theories in a subject area or discipline. Candidates shall have a general understanding of industry practices. Under general supervision, evaluate, select, and apply standard architectural or engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to develop detailed design documents (specifications, drawings, calculations, reports, etc.) through completion while taking direction from more senior staff.
· Basic knowledge of concepts, principles, and theories specific to technical discipline.
· Awareness of applicable codes and standards for discipline.
· Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
· Must possess good computer skills.
· Provide design support on facility and infrastructure design projects under close supervision from more senior staff.
· Perform basic calculations while performing design work in discipline.
· Study design criteria, codes, and standards and incorporate required design practices into production of design deliverables.
· Perform computer-aided drafting to produce design deliverables.
· Assist with gathering field data to support development of design deliverables.
· Review and observe construction on projects to verify compliance with design deliverables.
Coordinate with other designers and technicians to complete assignments.
· BS or MS graduate of an engineering discipline or BS in Architectural from an ABET accredited university.
· 2 to 5 years of experience.
· Engineers must have passed Fundamentals of Engineering Exam and be classified as Engineer in Training.
Experience in 2D CAD drafting with AutoCAD and 3D/BIM modeling with Autodesk REVIT is required.
· Duties will typically be performed in an office environment, at construction sites for new facilities, or at existing facilities undergoing renovation. Periodic travel will be required for site visits and client meetings.